The Continuing Studies Conference Center is now the Rutgers University Inn & Conference Center, reflecting its return to its original mission of providing both conference space and lodging for the Rutgers community and public.
Located on 21 wooded and landscaped acres on the Douglass Campus, the facility offers meeting and conference services as well as 26 comfortable guest rooms. The guest rooms recently were redecorated and refurnished to create a contemporary, warm and inviting ambiance with enhanced comfort and functionality for guests.
The inn and conference center includes the historic Carpender House, located on the estate once known as Lindenwood. The 20-room manor house was built in 1911 for Sidney Bleecker Carpender and his wife, the former Louise Johnson, daughter of the founder of Johnson & Johnson.